Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Current time: 11/21/19 at 16:49:00
. .

Home Register Help Search Login
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

The Hiryuu Honyaku Asylum: 'Stab's YaBB'
   Suggestions
   Hi, I'm new!  Some suggestions for translations...
(Moderator: Epryn)
 Author
Topic: Hi, I'm new!  Some suggestions for translations...
Reply Printable Page
Stephen Ebrey

Hi, I'm new!  Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 14:49:28) Quote Modify Delete

Personally, I think it'd be cool if you guys focused on CD based games, since most of the good cart ones have already been translated, or will be by agtp.romhack.net (they sure have a lot projects...).

Anyway, 2 series I think would be REALLY cool to translate are:
Sakura Taisen - if they ever port the series to PS2, we might get it brought here (although I doubt anyone but Working Designs would touch it), but other than that it'll probably be Japanese only.  And we all know it ROCKS.
Growlanser - I'm hoping we might get a US release of 2, but it'd be awesome if you guys translated 1, either for PSX or PC.

PS Is anyone using this pic (Gamlin)?  I just picked it because I like Macross 7, but I wouldn't really want to have the same pic as someone else.

WWW  E-Mail   Ip: Logged
George986

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 15:59:32) Quote Modify Delete

Oops... read the board description, it says not suggesting translation projects, not suggesting them .

And I changed my name - thought the 'name' field was for your real name, not for the name that would be displayed.  I've been using this nick for a long time on the web...

MMX
Administrator

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translation   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 17:03:09) Quote Modify Delete

George986... ehr.... welcome? ^^"

And yeah, Hiryuu Honyaku has been pretty dormant lately, they've been pretty busy with what they've got right now, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEIR MESSAGE BOARDS AREN'T 4#%#$%$%34ED UP!!! ^_-

Evil Vampire Yoshon
Administrator

All of my personalities have been STOLEN by you vultures!
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 17:27:09) Quote Modify Delete

I hate names with numbers.....

They make me cringe with pain.

*EVY cringes with pain*

I have been stripped bare of my personalities, I am no-one. I am... Not-Yoshon.

Quotes:

"who's been in my mayonnaise? I know there was more than this in the jar. How many times do I have to tell you people to leave my mayonnaise alone!?-Clint Eastwood, after opening his personal refrigerator

"Sorry Rajiv, but the asylum members are in another channel"-Me

"I HAS THE TAPE!"- Kaa Lee

"And now I leave you to your.... umm... Your moosy fate! MWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"-Zim, from invader Zim (commenting on his plot to send someone to a... room with a moose)

"You're really one of the only people who can appreciate that Amaaazingness of this plan"-Zim, from Invader Zim

"Life is like a poem, you give and take"- Guy on Goth site

"HOW THE HELL IS THAT LIKE A POEM!?"-Masterninja.com

"What do you get when you kiss a girl? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia And after that... she'll never phone ya"- Burt Bacharach

"It's not easy to give a damn"- Rajiv

MMX
Administrator

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translation   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 17:36:57) Quote Modify Delete

*eats 'cringes' with a nice sharp cheddar on crackers and 'pain' as a side dish alongside with corn on the cob*

George986

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 21:07:36) Quote Modify Delete

Sorry for making you cringe :P.

I could always delete the 986 though... don't think there is any 'George' here.  I had just put that on for big MBs and games that had one.

Kawaii Henaki
Rabid Wolverine

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/29/01 at 22:42:29) Quote Modify Delete

Yup...so I really can't do much untill my Japanese vocab increases...but when it does, I'm gonna translate at least ONE thing...heck, I have a partially translated ROM on my comp...too bad it's only on word ^^"

I may be cooler than you, but one day, you may eat a hot dog.

TEH (CLISHAYED) KWOTES LIST!
----------------------------
"Damn! He ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!" Chris Tucker, commenting on the notorious leader of a gang, falling onto a car hundreds of feet below him.

"...my health bar, convienently located on the lower left of my subconcious..." Me commenting on a dream.

"Soo Coca Cola, did you do your homework for Dr. Pepper?" Ragiv, talking a coke can.
Commander Stab
Administrator

You know the STRANGEST thing in this world...? ME!! MWAHAHWAH&T#@*^%&^#@*&%^&*#@
121727012   121727012   +   commanderstab
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 02:21:25) Quote Modify Delete

Welcome, Georgypoo! I hope you're insane already, because you will be if you visit these boards for more than a few days ^^;

- They tell me I'm crazy, but I just kick them in the leg and run away...

Random quotes that I JUST HAPPEN to find disturbing scary NEVER MIND!

"I got yours too!" - Me, whilst shooting an ally in the back after he yelled "I got your back!" in Unreal Tournament
"GUN" - Pokey from Pokey the Penguin
"CD: No, but just THINK about it! It could be the next big thing in the line of toys! You've seen Tickle-Me-Elmo, and now you've got
CS: ..Orgasm Tigger..... *raises an eyebrow*
CD: Yeh! I mean, look at the way he angles his head up, at that smile!" - CD, trying to convince me that a friend's Tigger doll is actually "Orgasm Tigger"
"SO YOU SEE.. WHILE THEY ARE AT THE WEDDING, I ROB THE HOUSES" - Pokey
"Katie: How does it feel to know that you going out with me with is responsible for me being bisexual, instead of merely a lesbian?
CD: *Brightly* ...I feel used!" - Justin's response to Katie's question whilst Katie was drunk... For the record, no, Katie is not bi or a lesbian.
"A cigarette lighter! Jack can use it to light and/or start fires!" - Description of one of Jack's tools in Wild ARMs
"You Can't Very Well Fight a War While You're Having an Orgasm" - The Black Bonobo Foundation
"They say I know fuck nothing, but I show them, I show them I know fuck all!" - Mario, from Wog Boy
"'Look Mummy, now Eyeore's tail comes off for easier access!'" - CD, trying to convince me that Orgasm Tigger (see above quote) has a friend: 'Backdoor Eyeore'
"What a smooth ride! I can run over anything, potholes, railroad lines, small foreign compact cars, homeless people, and I don't feel a thing! Not even remorse!" - Guy from You Don't Know Jack - The 5th Dimentia, commenting on the new "One Big Mother Freakin' Car" line of automobiles
"Mario: HY JOSH YUO HAVE A GF?
Josh: WHY YES I MET HER AT MY FAMILY RENUION." - Mario and Josh in #eskimobob comic
"Dispatcher: I make a great omelette!
Velasquez: You can't even make friends!" - Lt. Marta Louise Velasquez from Traffic Department 2192
"Cmnd. Satair: I'll replace you with Kendrik if this attitude continues! I'm sure he could handle it!
Velasquez: The only thing Kendrik knows how to handle is his penis!" - Velasquez again from TD2192
"Mr. Perfect: Haha! Checkmate! *MP's music comes on*
Kid: What?! B, But that piece wasn't there! You simply moved it there when I was fetching the piece YOU knocked off the table!
Mr. Perfect: NO I DIDN'T! You lost! You LOSE! You're a LOSER! I win! I'm PERFECT! I'm MR. PERFECT!!!" - Mr. Perfect, doing a promo for himself in the WWF...
I eat a strange mixture of penicillin and rat poison, it tastes great, kind of like a McDonald's milkshake, but SPICER! - The guy that last raped my profile ^_-
"Bank Manager: Fireman, help! The Bank is on fire! My employees and many customers are trapped!
Fireman: Hello! In this situation I am much like a good back because I have a low interest! You are boring me, so goodbye!" - The opening frame in episode 8 of Fireman Comics
Commander Stab
Administrator

You know the STRANGEST thing in this world...? ME!! MWAHAHWAH&T#@*^%&^#@*&%^&*#@
121727012   121727012   +   commanderstab
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 02:22:13) Quote Modify Delete

OH, and yeh, Gamlin Kizaki uses that picture, but I haven't seen him here for a long time ;___; I'm sure he wouldn't mind ^_-

- They tell me I'm crazy, but I just kick them in the leg and run away...

Random quotes that I JUST HAPPEN to find disturbing scary NEVER MIND!

"I got yours too!" - Me, whilst shooting an ally in the back after he yelled "I got your back!" in Unreal Tournament
"GUN" - Pokey from Pokey the Penguin
"CD: No, but just THINK about it! It could be the next big thing in the line of toys! You've seen Tickle-Me-Elmo, and now you've got
CS: ..Orgasm Tigger..... *raises an eyebrow*
CD: Yeh! I mean, look at the way he angles his head up, at that smile!" - CD, trying to convince me that a friend's Tigger doll is actually "Orgasm Tigger"
"SO YOU SEE.. WHILE THEY ARE AT THE WEDDING, I ROB THE HOUSES" - Pokey
"Katie: How does it feel to know that you going out with me with is responsible for me being bisexual, instead of merely a lesbian?
CD: *Brightly* ...I feel used!" - Justin's response to Katie's question whilst Katie was drunk... For the record, no, Katie is not bi or a lesbian.
"A cigarette lighter! Jack can use it to light and/or start fires!" - Description of one of Jack's tools in Wild ARMs
"You Can't Very Well Fight a War While You're Having an Orgasm" - The Black Bonobo Foundation
"They say I know fuck nothing, but I show them, I show them I know fuck all!" - Mario, from Wog Boy
"'Look Mummy, now Eyeore's tail comes off for easier access!'" - CD, trying to convince me that Orgasm Tigger (see above quote) has a friend: 'Backdoor Eyeore'
"What a smooth ride! I can run over anything, potholes, railroad lines, small foreign compact cars, homeless people, and I don't feel a thing! Not even remorse!" - Guy from You Don't Know Jack - The 5th Dimentia, commenting on the new "One Big Mother Freakin' Car" line of automobiles
"Mario: HY JOSH YUO HAVE A GF?
Josh: WHY YES I MET HER AT MY FAMILY RENUION." - Mario and Josh in #eskimobob comic
"Dispatcher: I make a great omelette!
Velasquez: You can't even make friends!" - Lt. Marta Louise Velasquez from Traffic Department 2192
"Cmnd. Satair: I'll replace you with Kendrik if this attitude continues! I'm sure he could handle it!
Velasquez: The only thing Kendrik knows how to handle is his penis!" - Velasquez again from TD2192
"Mr. Perfect: Haha! Checkmate! *MP's music comes on*
Kid: What?! B, But that piece wasn't there! You simply moved it there when I was fetching the piece YOU knocked off the table!
Mr. Perfect: NO I DIDN'T! You lost! You LOSE! You're a LOSER! I win! I'm PERFECT! I'm MR. PERFECT!!!" - Mr. Perfect, doing a promo for himself in the WWF...
I eat a strange mixture of penicillin and rat poison, it tastes great, kind of like a McDonald's milkshake, but SPICER! - The guy that last raped my profile ^_-
"Bank Manager: Fireman, help! The Bank is on fire! My employees and many customers are trapped!
Fireman: Hello! In this situation I am much like a good back because I have a low interest! You are boring me, so goodbye!" - The opening frame in episode 8 of Fireman Comics
Kaa Lee
The princess of MAGICAL LOVE BUNNIES!

There is only one thing cooler than my crown...MEEE
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 15:11:02) Quote Modify Delete

Hey George - does 986 hold any significance for you? It's my birth month and year...

"Your life's going nowhere, and you're taking me with you!" -Yoshon
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 15:15:30) Quote Modify Delete

Sakura Taisen - there already is a complete translation of all three games.

Growlanser - maybe after I finish Black/Matrix Cross, Kanon, Air, YU-NO, Yuna 3, ...

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
George986

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 16:26:04) Quote Modify Delete

What do you mean complete translation?  There are text files you can get which tell you everything.  I don't think there are any files which actually alter it so you can burn it and play it in English, though.

And what are YU-NO and Yuna 3?

Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 16:32:30) Quote Modify Delete

A text file that translates the Japanese into an English script is still a translation.

YU-NO: a dimension-traveling AVG by elf
Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 3 - Lightning Angel: a cute, funny SRPG by the same people who did Sakura Taisen.

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Evil Vampire Yoshon
Administrator

All of my personalities have been STOLEN by you vultures!
    Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 17:02:38) Quote Modify Delete

Yu-No, dimension? I thought it was time travelling..... and it's heavily H based.

I have been stripped bare of my personalities, I am no-one. I am... Not-Yoshon.

Quotes:

"who's been in my mayonnaise? I know there was more than this in the jar. How many times do I have to tell you people to leave my mayonnaise alone!?-Clint Eastwood, after opening his personal refrigerator

"Sorry Rajiv, but the asylum members are in another channel"-Me

"I HAS THE TAPE!"- Kaa Lee

"And now I leave you to your.... umm... Your moosy fate! MWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"-Zim, from invader Zim (commenting on his plot to send someone to a... room with a moose)

"You're really one of the only people who can appreciate that Amaaazingness of this plan"-Zim, from Invader Zim

"Life is like a poem, you give and take"- Guy on Goth site

"HOW THE HELL IS THAT LIKE A POEM!?"-Masterninja.com

"What do you get when you kiss a girl? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia And after that... she'll never phone ya"- Burt Bacharach

"It's not easy to give a damn"- Rajiv

Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Hi, I'm new! Some suggestions for translations...   (Date posted: 10/30/01 at 23:49:36) Quote Modify Delete

It's dimension-traveling.

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Reply Printable Page
Pages: 1 2 3
Jump to:

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

YaBB Board ゥ 2000
YaBB Programming Team