Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Current time: 09/19/19 at 02:44:48
. .

Home Register Help Search Login
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

The Hiryuu Honyaku Asylum: 'Stab's YaBB'
   The Langrisser Boards
   Growlanser II is finally mine...
(Moderators: アザゼル, Ragiv the King of socks)
 Author
Topic: Growlanser II is finally mine...
Reply Printable Page
Walchuk

@_@
    Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/10/01 at 16:57:29) Quote Modify Delete

...unfortunately I can't do much but flip through the instruction book right now.  But hopefully that will change after this weekend.

WWW  E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Lester_the_Molester
A weird material

Nookie never lies!
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/10/01 at 17:01:10) Quote Modify Delete

Hooray for you...

No nookie = WAHT FUKC TEH!?
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/10/01 at 17:09:13) Quote Modify Delete

Soon to be mine as well, unless I inadvertantly anger a certain cute one on these boards ^^

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
SD-Astarte
Cute Dark Lady

. . .
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/10/01 at 17:31:45) Quote Modify Delete

. . .  >=}
true true, my dear Ben-Chan  =^-^=

*has already her copy* =D
*but no PS2* !_!

ElfShadow

Luna-sama!
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/11/01 at 12:11:59) Quote Modify Delete

The whole PS2 / modding issue is quite an annoyance, isn't it?  I'm still impressed that the only "mod" devices will only played "copied" imports...which isn't an option for games on DVDs (and really only encourages pirating).  Paying the import price for a second PS2 when most games I'll end up playing will likely be domestic is quite obnoxious... ~_~  It seems that Sony has "solved" the wrong problem in copy-protection....

Between the darkness and the light...
Chibi-Yoshon
Administrator

All of my personalities have been STOLEN by you vultures!
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/22/01 at 13:52:26) Quote Modify Delete

They should just import and translate all the good games.
Obviously, if it's cost affective to put territory switches into the system quite a few people are importing. If they were to just import and translate the games while using the media blitzkreig technique they used for the marketing of the PS2 they could make a shitload of money. Since, if i'm not mistaken, Sony gets royalties on all game sales.

I have been stripped bare of my personalities, I am no-one. I am... Not-Yoshon.

Quotes:

"who's been in my mayonnaise? I know there was more than this in the jar. How many times do I have to tell you people to leave my mayonnaise alone!?-Clint Eastwood, after opening his personal refrigerator

"Sorry Rajiv, but the asylum members are in another channel"-Me

"I HAS THE TAPE!"- Kaa Lee

"And now I leave you to your.... umm... Your moosy fate! MWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"-Zim, from invader Zim (commenting on his plot to send someone to a... room with a moose)

"You're really one of the only people who can appreciate that Amaaazingness of this plan"-Zim, from Invader Zim

"Life is like a poem, you give and take"- Guy on Goth site

"HOW THE HELL IS THAT LIKE A POEM!?"-Masterninja.com

"What do you get when you kiss a girl? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia And after that... she'll never phone ya"- Burt Bacharach

"It's not easy to give a damn"- Rajiv

Walchuk

@_@
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/23/01 at 01:38:06) Quote Modify Delete

Well, I put the game in and played it for a few minutes just to make sure it worked and to see what it was like.  I didn't actually save yet, though.  Anyway, while there were two anime intros (however similar they were) in the first game, there is unfortunately not even one in this game.  There's only one intro sequence, and it shows the portraits of the characters along with some info.  Interestingly, PLAYER and Xenos from the first game are among those characters, but none of the others are.  I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up at some point or another during the game though.  The one intro sequence is accompanied by a vocal opening song though.  Not as catchy as the first one, but maybe my opinion will change if I hear it a few more times.

Once I actually started the game, the most notable difference was that the main character already had a default name (not PLAYER ) AND he's not mute anymore.  You still make choices for him, but he's actually voice acted now.  The battles also are less "English friendly" since the menus aren't all in English anymore, but that's not that big of a problem.  I'm guessing all menus will be like that, although I didn't get that far.

Anyway, that's as far as I got.  I'll be playing it more soon though.

Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/24/01 at 10:49:28) Quote Modify Delete

So far I've noticed the consensus has been that the second game, while good, isn't as good as the first game.  Everyone's expecting big things out of three, though, particularly since Kadokawa Shoten is involved (I'd expect not only an anime intro, but anime clips interspersed throughout the game in III, as that's KS's style).  Plus, three will have the same story branching path system that Der Langrisser and Langrisser IV had, where you can actually become one of the bad guys, so to speak.

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/24/01 at 10:50:23) Quote Modify Delete

Oh, and the player's default name is Wayne, just in case you didn't know =).

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

I'm smarter than you are! ^_^
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/26/01 at 15:56:00) Quote Modify Delete

Didn't you guys say that Growlanser games are in Japanese?! If so, then what's the deal??

------------------ Quotes -------------------
"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
"And if you clear out quietly, then I won't break your face!" -Gila Mobster
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/26/01 at 21:32:28) Quote Modify Delete

...What's what deal?

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Evil Vampire Yoshon
Administrator

All of my personalities have been STOLEN by you vultures!
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/26/01 at 21:43:48) Quote Modify Delete

YEAH!? WHAT'S THE DEAL!?.. suckahead

I have been stripped bare of my personalities, I am no-one. I am... Not-Yoshon.

Quotes:

"who's been in my mayonnaise? I know there was more than this in the jar. How many times do I have to tell you people to leave my mayonnaise alone!?-Clint Eastwood, after opening his personal refrigerator

"Sorry Rajiv, but the asylum members are in another channel"-Me

"I HAS THE TAPE!"- Kaa Lee

"And now I leave you to your.... umm... Your moosy fate! MWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"-Zim, from invader Zim (commenting on his plot to send someone to a... room with a moose)

"You're really one of the only people who can appreciate that Amaaazingness of this plan"-Zim, from Invader Zim

"Life is like a poem, you give and take"- Guy on Goth site

"HOW THE HELL IS THAT LIKE A POEM!?"-Masterninja.com

"What do you get when you kiss a girl? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia And after that... she'll never phone ya"- Burt Bacharach

"It's not easy to give a damn"- Rajiv

Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

I'm smarter than you are! ^_^
    Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/26/01 at 21:47:15) Quote Modify Delete

I mean, why does it seem that you guys are playing an english version? Can you interpret enough Japanese to play them, or are you keeping a secret from me?!

------------------ Quotes -------------------
"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
"And if you clear out quietly, then I won't break your face!" -Gila Mobster
MMX
Administrator

Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/26/01 at 21:55:12) Quote Modify Delete

... you DO know they're translators, ne?
I mena... he's... Oog-kun... Hiryuu Honyaku's main translator....... O_O"

Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

Re: Growlanser II is finally mine...   (Date posted: 10/27/01 at 10:55:26) Quote Modify Delete

Nonononononono, they're in Japanese, it's just that the menus in Growlanser are in English (with Japanese translations at the bottom of the screen).  Believe me, the games aren't in English.

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
Reply Printable Page
Pages: 1 2
Jump to:

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

YaBB Board ゥ 2000
YaBB Programming Team