Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Current time: 09/22/19 at 20:58:19
. .

Home Register Help Search Login
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

The Hiryuu Honyaku Asylum: 'Stab's YaBB'
   The Langrisser Boards
   Langrisser Love
(Moderators: AU[, Ragiv the King of socks)
 Author
Topic: Langrisser Love
Reply Printable Page
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/24/02 at 03:11:58) Quote Modify Delete

While this has already been dealt with somewhat a long time ago, I'm bringing the age-old debate of Langrisser III pairings back to the fore after some evening contemplation. A brief review for the uninitiated: Langrisser III was the first game in the stoic series which introduced the infamous "heroine point" system by which the protagonist accumulated "points" by answers to questions/actions in the battle that could positively or negatively affect the opinion of the said character by the various feminine members of the party (save Jessica). It's still unclear as to why Masaya chose this game to start the trend, as Langrisser III, chronologically, fits *first* in the Langrisser series, a couple hundred years prior to Langrisser: Hikari no Matsuei. This means that, depending on whom Diehardt wins over in this game, the geneaology of certain families (and therefore subsequent character relationships) could resemble some family trees found in Alabama. There is, of course, an "official" heroine (which is, ironically, the toughest to even get to join your party, let alone win the heart of), but Diehardt is by no means obligated to persue her in-game. A brief glimpse as to how later Langrisser stories could be affected by different mates of Diehardt (family names given if known):

- Diehardt Klaus + Flaire Barrell
This is the official pairing which eventually leads to the birth of the Seiryuukishidanchou Leon Klaus (it is unknown if his family name has remained intact by Langrisser II, which is at least half a millenium later than Langrisser III). No problems here.

- Diehardt Klaus + Tialiss
This pairing doesn't really produce any odd incestuous relationships, but it *does* add a peculiar twist to Leon's and Erwin's relationship in Langrisser II. Not only are they nemeses, but they also happen to be related.

- Diehardt Klaus + Rifani
Assuming that Rifani truly *is* the ancestor of Hein, then Erwin's best friend happens to be kin to his arch-nemesis. If Rifani happens to be the ancestor of Randius and Emily, then it would explain why both Randius and Emily have a penchant for knighthood, and why they (particularly Emily) have such a strong sense of loyalty and justice.

- Diehardt Klaus + Luna Torande
While they seem to make the perfect pair in the game, their marriage would set up some particularly unusual circumstances later in the Langrisser story. In Langrisser II, Cherie would be related to Leon, whose troops storm her castle (MegaDrive only), and who is the loyal servant of her would-be conquerer and arch-nemesis. In Langrisser V, the captain of the guard (Sigma) in Clarette's empire would be the descendant of the arch-nemesis of one of her ancestors, which in turn becomes an enemy when she suspects him of murdering her father, and then kills him.

- Diehardt Klaus + Sophia
WOW! HERE's where things really get interesting! If Diehardt and Sophia tie the knot, then that means that Leon's primary target in the beginning of Langrisser II is actually a relative. Even more queer is the fact that his own love interest is a blood relative of his! Even though a hundred or so generations is enough time to add some water to the gene pool, it's still really weird.

- Diehardt Klaus + any of the men
Then obviously Leon isn't a descendant of him at all, and Leon's ancestors must have perhaps salvaged Kirikaze's aitou after Diehardt's defeat in some subsequent battle.

- Diehardt Klaus + no one
Just because Diehardt couldn't successfully put the moves on one of the L3 gals doesn't mean that he remains celibate for the rest of his life. It could be that Diehardt later on meets a special lady, and romance blossoms between them.

Next I wondered just what would happen to the other girls if Diehardt didn't fall in love with them, and as all of them have descendants who appear in later stories (though Rifani's is really difficult to ascertain), they must have been involved with SOMEBODY. Of course, they don't necessarily have to sleep with someone else who was important to the story, but for argument's sake, let's say they did. Based upon my memories of the game (and they're pretty good, as I've played through it at least three times), these are the couples which I believe formed sometime after the game's end:

- Tialiss + Ruine (Elthlead)
This one's a no-brainer, as the game itself tells you they marry in the ending. Eventually their lineage produces Ledyn of Baldia.

- Rifani + Pierre
For some reason, Masaya made Rifani a character shrouded in mystery (despite her rather air-headed personality), as one never knows whom her offspring were and whom she might have had feelings for in the game (if Flaire dies, it seems as if Rifani falls in love with Diehardt, actually, regardless of whether or not he can successfully woo her). The most likely candidate for her affection would be the boisterous Pierre, who's more Hein-like than Hein is (and which would add meat to the rumor that Hein is related to Rifani). He's in charge of protecting her in scenario 4, and whenever he speaks to her, he always makes certain to collect himself and to regard her politely, much as a knight would do to his lady.

- Luna Torande + Silver Wolf
This match just occurred to me today as my mind was wandering in Lit class. While some naysayers might try to get the best of me, hear me out. On more than one occasion Silver Wolf (who is about as self-centered as they come, almost conceited) actually praises Luna on her keen strategic sense (something which her descendants after Narm never had; must've been Lance's fault ;-p), and refers to her jokingly as "sister". Plus, it would explain why all of Luna's descendants are able to become rangers. Also, take a look at Silver Wolf's name, and then glance at Luna's silvery hair. Hrm....

- Sophia +
Okay, you got me here. While we all know Sophia got busy with a lucky guy (otherwise, Riana and Lana would never have been born), she never shows any sort of interest in any of the male characters save maybe her father or Jugula (both of which would really make things quite sordid >.<) Maybe she met her match after the game ended, or perhaps was betrothed all along? The world may never know.

- Flaire Barrell + Dios
If Diehardt doesn't have a fling with her, then Dios would be the most likely runner-up. After she joins the party, she seems to show some concern about her former subservient, and even makes him captain of the guard (I think that's what it was, IIRC) and returns with him to Barrell.

- Jessica + Sieghardt
This one is farfetched, I admit, but I don't think it's COMPLETELY unlikely. While I personally couldn't find much tenderness between the two in the cutscenes provided in L3, there might have been some action going on in the wings, and it could have been that they had bonded before his absorption into the Langrisser. The only clues I have of possible intimacy include her reluctance to tell him about the steps needed to forge the Langrisser in Langrisser III, and her referring to him with a familiar form of his first name, Sieg, in Langrisser II. Since Jessica never becomes pregnant (that we're aware of), there really was no fruit of this possible love, but it's something I find somewhat intriguing, nonetheless.

- Artemller + Farna
This one's the other no-brainer, as the game makes this as plain as day. Later on, their lineage produces the man who's clone would be known as Sigma, and who would be responsible for finally ending the struggle that his ancestor's brother (Paul) began.

As an aside, it was really a shock when I realised that Sigma is related to the Bser that we all know and love. Really puts a whole new twist on the game, doesn't it? =)

Anyways, what do you guys think?

vm邪ǂAȂ̖nI
  WWW  E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Henaki
Rabid Wolverine

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/24/02 at 17:24:11) Quote Modify Delete

Oogami, I haven't read the post yet, seeing as I'm busy to read something this big, I'll read it after I get done with your Taichou and his FTP login ^_-

I may be cooler than you, but one day, you may eat a hot dog.

TEH (CLISHAYED) KWOTES LIST!
----------------------------
"Damn! He ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!" Chris Tucker, commenting on the notorious leader of a gang, falling onto a car hundreds of feet below him.

"...my health bar, convienently located on the lower left of my subconcious..." Me commenting on a dream.

"Soo Coca Cola, did you do your homework for Dr. Pepper?" Ragiv, talking a coke can.
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

I'm smarter than you are! ^_^
    Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/24/02 at 19:53:39) Quote Modify Delete

-____________________________-

I DID read the post and although I didn't play LIII yet, I found that VERY interesting! KUDOS!

------------------ Quotes -------------------
"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
"And if you clear out quietly, then I won't break your face!" -Gila Mobster
Scythe
Still Insanely Cool Guy!

Master of the twin succession techniques.
    Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/24/02 at 22:09:40) Quote Modify Delete

Same thing here, only my post's cut short for time...

He who has gotten used to training and survival as he aspires to be a Rurouni. Also, Neo Shinsengumi Nibantai Kumichou in his free time.
Oogami

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/25/02 at 00:23:39) Quote Modify Delete

Thanks, guys, though I hope to get into some real discussion soon. I don't want my late-night efforts to go to waste! (I typed the post from 03.30-04.00 in the morning)
   E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 01/25/02 at 01:13:26) Quote Modify Delete

Heh, you've really gone to school on this one, eh Oogy?

Oog: Yes! In fact, that was where I did most of my mind-wandering

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT DAMMIT$*(#&^(#$&^*() ^___-

But it all sounds good - I'm not exactly an expert in the Langrisser world, however, so far be it from me to add any counter-comments ^^;
SD-Astarte
Cute Dark Lady

. . .
    ... -_-   (Date posted: 01/25/02 at 06:03:37) Quote Modify Delete

... I'm not feeling like discussing this
topic again... =/
So...

Luna+Silver sounds interesting, but Jessica+Sieghard ? o_O
Then one could say as well that uhrm... for instance Dy slept with Sophia and/or Luna, who got (both )pregnaned, and THEN he married Flea. ... o_O
Or that Liphanee+ Zigura ... o_O ... ^^" ... ^^"""

Well, other then that, I already posted my opinion once... so... last thing...
you are STILL forgetting Emaring and Ferakia... U_U
just because Emaring+ Bolsh would have made such a cute couple it doesn't mean he didn't have descendants... !_! like Lance ^-^
[insert the old arguments about that and other stuff here =P]

Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 18:28:08) Quote Modify Delete

There, I got it back.

And just becuase I'm a prick, I overwrote D-Boy's "What the fuck happened to these boards?!" thread to do it.

It took me 45 minutes.

SO DON'T ASK ME TO DO ANYMORE ^#%*^($&*^( ^^;
Scythe
Still Insanely Cool Guy!

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 18:30:05) Quote Modify Delete

Thanks to the fact this thread was amazingly enough still in my cache, that is.^_-

He who has gotten used to training and survival as he aspires to be a Rurouni. Also, Neo Shinsengumi Nibantai Kumichou in his free time.
Heythere

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 22:08:47) Quote Modify Delete

MMX is the one who impregnated Luna, thus why no one after her generation had a sence of battle tactics.
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 08:00:49) Quote Modify Delete

A half Were-lady with big fluffy hair...now THAT's good splicin'!

"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 09:33:05) Quote Modify Delete

THANX TIECHOW YUO = WIENER!  LOLOLROFTLE I MEAN WINNAR!

vm邪ǂAȂ̖nI
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/16/02 at 14:35:24) Quote Modify Delete

I found an interesting chart on the net and decided to post it here...

Scythe
Still Insanely Cool Guy!

Re: Langrisser Love   (Date posted: 02/16/02 at 16:42:48) Quote Modify Delete

Seen it, done that.^_-

Now that you mention it, there's the evil Rana and Retin on that chart! Run!

Reply Printable Page
Pages: 1
Jump to:

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

YaBB Board 2000
YaBB Programming Team