Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Current time: 09/22/19 at 21:02:45
. .

Home Register Help Search Login
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

The Hiryuu Honyaku Asylum: 'Stab's YaBB'
   The Langrisser Boards
   Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!
(Moderators: AU[, Ragiv the King of socks)
 Author
Topic: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!
Reply Printable Page
sfdasdfasdf

dsgffg
3242432342343242   3242432342343242   fgdsgsdfgsgf   gdsfgsdfg
    Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 01/31/02 at 14:58:36) Quote Modify Delete

Can any kind person please tell me where to find a .bin ROM of Langrisser 2 so I can get the translation patch to work. I have searched high and low for it, and although it is mentioned on some of your sites, old and new, none of the links work anymore. Please help!

Garabaldi

WWW  E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

I'm smarter than you are! ^_^
    Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 01/31/02 at 15:50:32) Quote Modify Delete

Why didn't you name yourself Garabaldi? O__O

Oh well...I'm sure D-Boy will answer your question when he gets on and sees this...

------------------ Quotes -------------------
"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
"And if you clear out quietly, then I won't break your face!" -Gila Mobster
Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 21:48:22) Quote Modify Delete

Why D-Boy? ^^;;

There's one at http://www.henaki.com/cs/lee.bin that's ready patched - but you'll need Genecyst yo run it, and it won't work until you've loaded it, chosen "Fix ROM Checksum" and then reloaded it. From there, you save states ^^;
   E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 08:03:10) Quote Modify Delete

Well, I don't really see you much on the Langrisser board and D seemed to be very acknowledgible in the ways of Langrisser, but I guess you'll do! :P

CS: HEY! >__<
MM: er..._

"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
sfdasdfasdf

dsgffg
3242432342343242   3242432342343242   fgdsgsdfgsgf   gdsfgsdfg
    Thank you   (Date posted: 02/03/02 at 03:14:16) Quote Modify Delete

Thank you for that.

Will the translated Langrisser ever be modified to work in Gens?

Garabaldi

Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/03/02 at 03:54:15) Quote Modify Delete

Whilst D-Boy far outshines me in Langrisser 2 knowledge, I've been a tad more involved in the L2 translation, that was my point ^^;;; If there's any poor fool who's entire existance is so just for him to give out random copies of patched L2, it must be me. MEEEE DAMMIT.

Hey, I've gotta earn my keep, ya know ^_-
Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/03/02 at 03:59:30) Quote Modify Delete

OH, and if L2 is ever modded to work with Gens, it won't be by Hiryuu Honyaku, let's put it that way ^^;;; There's no current plans.
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/03/02 at 15:17:04) Quote Modify Delete

Damn straight! :P

George986

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/03/02 at 18:14:21) Quote Modify Delete

Heh, I still don't understand the thing about Langrisser II being incomplete.  I've heard you guys are missing some files, but why can't you get those from the Japanese rom?  Isn't that how you did the translation in the first place?
Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/04/02 at 15:11:03) Quote Modify Delete

Naah, alamone hacked it but failed to get the ending. We just used his hacked version and his home-built script inserter.
D-BOY

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/04/02 at 16:02:00) Quote Modify Delete

Can you post the zip of langrisser 2 tools (minus english scripts). I'm curious to take a look at it. It might not be hard to dump that last chunk.
George986

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/04/02 at 21:21:59) Quote Modify Delete

Hmm, so the problem is that you don't have the hacking skills to get the ending done?  I would think it'd be pretty easy to find a hacker... I'm not really knowledgable in the romhacking community, but I'd think there would be many more hackers and translators because to be a translator you need to know Japanese (although some Korean translators would be cool) whereas most romhackers just read a few web tutorials on using hacking programs, and only a few know much assembly or anything (ASM is real hard to learn, I'll admit).
Commander Stab

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/05/02 at 02:08:44) Quote Modify Delete

A) Finding a hacker in the translation community is like finding a needle in a haystack when the needle's actually in the sandpit instead
B) It has nasty ASM
C) If you're looking for a hacker to touch a GENESIS project, replace "sandpit" with "ocean" or perhaps "galaxy"
Super fast Tetsuo... kinda
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING JAR OF MOLASSES!

Haha, you think i'm fast? What about Yoshon! HAHHA...
    Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/09/02 at 16:08:37) Quote Modify Delete

I'm not really knowledgable in the romhacking community, but I'd think there would be many more hackers and translators because to be a translator you need to know Japanese (although some Korean translators would be cool) whereas most romhackers just read a few web tutorials on using hacking programs, and only a few know much assembly or anything (ASM is real hard to learn, I'll admit).

1) Knowing enough Japanese (or whatever language you choose to work in) to translate a game is not a bloody easy task.  Trust me.
2) "just read a few web tutorials on using hacking programs" I'm bloody offended by this.  Have you even TRIED hacking any games? Hmmm? You seem to think it's a simple case of pick a game, download some tools, read the docs, and you're fully able to hack.  It's not that easy.  I've been trying (halfheartedly, admittedly) to learn to hack, and it's a damn sight harder than that.  *insert other flames here*
3) That is all ^^

*Schwing*** *zips by at the speed of a low viscosity liquid!

[cliche] Quotes time!
"THINK OF THE HIT SENSATION:
'Reality flavoured gum - The taste really hits you... much like an undodgable curveball to the head. Try it.. It'll stun you... AND make you grin!' - Stab
"Isn't using NOSPAM in a Hotmail address kind of like trying to stop a hurricane with plywood?" - someone on The Whirlpool BBS
"Mmmmmmm.... unexplained bacon...." - Homer Simpson
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

Re: Langrisser 2 .bin file! Please help!   (Date posted: 02/09/02 at 19:00:39) Quote Modify Delete

I attempted hacking awhile back and It didn't fare too well...

Reply Printable Page
Pages: 1 2
Jump to:

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

YaBB Board 2000
YaBB Programming Team