Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Current time: 09/22/19 at 21:05:06
. .

Home Register Help Search Login
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

The Hiryuu Honyaku Asylum: 'Stab's YaBB'
   The Langrisser Boards
   Der Langrisser translation question
(Moderators: アザゼル, Ragiv the King of socks)
 Author
Topic: Der Langrisser translation question
Reply Printable Page
D-BOY

Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 19:56:07) Quote Modify Delete

I'm trying to clean up the menus to make nicer fonts. "Summon" is just way too damn wide to look nice. Does anone have any suggestions for what it could change to?
   E-Mail   Ip: Logged
D-BOY

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 14:15:45) Quote Modify Delete

Here's some examples. And yes, the second "t" in attack has since been fixed. No, this does not features the rest of the new font work. The 16x16 font testng is being done on alamone's patch right now. I'll move it over when it's finished.

<see new post at bottom for images>

Last modification: D-BOY - 02/02/02 at 14:15:45
Audigy
Stand by me and I'll pour ice into your pants

Hail... Il...para...tzo ! *coughs up blood and passes out* ^^
    Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 20:29:52) Quote Modify Delete

heh.. you know what i'm gonna say.

"Call"
!

*hides*

WWW  E-Mail   Ip: Logged
Yoshon

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 21:10:52) Quote Modify Delete

I'll agree... I actually think it' sounds better than summon in context...

I Called the water beast to my aid

I summoned the water beast to my side.

Personally, I prefer the first.... ^^,
Mastermind
TEH SMARTEY MAN!

I'm smarter than you are! ^_^
    Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 21:40:46) Quote Modify Delete

Yep...'Call' would be the best idea so far...I wouldn't want to see some stupid abbreviation of Summon like Sum. or Summ. to take it's place! >___<

------------------ Quotes -------------------
"Hang on, you have something on your face! Could be a pimple!! How does THAT sit with your fragile self-esteem?" -Chan Tanaka
"You mean-- You built a Pay-Per-View around a battle for the subjugation of all humanity by the devil?" -Tsu Tanaka
"And if you clear out quietly, then I won't break your face!" -Gila Mobster
Heythere

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 21:44:14) Quote Modify Delete

Bah, why work on Der Crapresser for the SNES when you can work on Langrisser 2 Dramatic Edition? I can't stand those portraits in the SNES version...
D-BOY

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 22:07:20) Quote Modify Delete

Uh, Langrisser Dramatic Ediion's version of langrisser II is actually der langrisser with 5 new scenarios. It's nothing like Langrisser 2. If you'd like to hack the game you're welcome to, if not, shut your fucking pie-hole.
Heythere

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 22:18:59) Quote Modify Delete

Yeah I know... but the portraits are still better Pryn- err, Dboy...
George986

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/01/02 at 23:36:43) Quote Modify Delete

True, but 99% of the people playing DL are probably lazy people looking for a good game to download in a minute, it's doubtful they'd buy a CD game or take the time to download one.  If there was a huge difference in the game, I'd say you should do the CD version, but since they're pretty similiar, doing DL for the SNES makes more sense.  Langrisser games don't really NEED voice (I'm disappointed that j2e is doing Tokimeki on the SNES though, since IMO dating sims should really have voices) or fifth branches.
D-BOY

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 14:16:34) Quote Modify Delete

Well then, here's the screenshots.

I need to beat a scenario and see if there's any more 16x16 text to do. I know I still have to do the naming screen's 16x16.

<see new post at bottom for images>

Last modification: D-BOY - 02/02/02 at 14:16:34
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 07:52:54) Quote Modify Delete

While Langrisser games don't necessarily NEED voice acting, it certainly doesn't hurt, and personally I've felt the experience enhanced quite a bit when I hear the voices.  Also, considering that the majority of dating sims out there DON'T have voice, one could argue that voices aren't necessary for that genre, either.

A small correction: Lang DE has around 20 new scenarios, as there are 92 in all (compared to DL's 7x).  However, there *is* the question of actually hacking the game, and George makes a good point about most people not wanting to d/l hundreds of megs at a time when they can get the job done in around 2.

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
D-BOY

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 08:07:11) Quote Modify Delete

You want to translate another 228kb of script? You're welcome to. :-p
Oogami
Administrator

POWAR PELLITS ARE GOOD!

37044867   37044867     Oogami
    Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 09:36:44) Quote Modify Delete

Sure!  Just go ahead and pile it on top of Black/Matrix, Air, and Langrisser III!  While we're talkin' about it, let's get a few more dating sims out of the way, too!  TokiMemo 2, here I come! ;-p

GROOVY!

思い知るが良い、己の未熟さを!
George986

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/02/02 at 10:21:13) Quote Modify Delete

I kinda thought all dating sims had voice.  The genre really got big with the PC-Engine CD and then the PC-FX and Saturn, so I figured that people didn't try making dating sims without voices very often.
D-BOY

Re: Der Langrisser translation question   (Date posted: 02/13/02 at 21:46:49) Quote Modify Delete

Well, I finished all the font revisions and here they are. These are the fonts that will appear from now on.

The commander's text window is empty because Erickei hasn't sent me the finalized Scenario 1 yet. When he does there will be text there.

[images chopped]

Last modification: D-BOY - 02/13/02 at 21:46:49
Reply Printable Page
Pages: 1 2 3
Jump to:

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH A PASSWORD INCORRECT ERROR, MY APOLOGIES. DELETE YOUR COOKIES ASSOCIATED WITH J2E.ORG TO FIX THIS ERROR.

YaBB Board ゥ 2000
YaBB Programming Team